Gaming Freeks

We show you are NOT loged in, Please login by licking "login" bellow.

( Please NOTE you must have a forums account to login, sadly at the moment your GAMING FREEKS.com posting account will not work on the forums. You will need to take 5 seconds and register for the forums by clicking "Register" bellow. )

Thank you are sorry for the inconvenience!

The official Gaming Freeks Forum

New XBOX 360 chipset in early 2010?!?!?

PlayerZer09

Gaming Freek Score : 6669
    Rep : 4

New XBOX 360 chipset in early 2010?!?!?

Post  PlayerZer09 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am

I heard that MS is making a new 45nm chipset which is called Valhala(Again!!) i dont know if this is true couse its a large rumour.I checked in xbox site and it didn't say anything about a new chipset which is coming in later 360 consoles...So iam just asking you guys do you think this is true or lies?!

-Playerzer09
    tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Gaming Freek Score : 6717
    Rep : 1

Re: New XBOX 360 chipset in early 2010?!?!?

Post  tjr4118 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 am

What is the point for replacing the chips? price cuts?

Andyjack7
    Admin
    Admin

Gaming Freek Score : 7132
    Rep : 10

Post  Andyjack7 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 am

tjr4118 wrote:What is the point for replacing the chips? price cuts?

Yes If I am correct one of the reasons prices on consoles are so high is because of the chips a lot of the time, they also upgrade stuff, the red ring of death problem is a chip problem, if this rumor is true new chips would end the red ring of death, microsoft knows they are falling behind, a lot because of the red rings, which makes the chances of this rumor coming true way high. Perhalps making all the 360's with new chips, so no more red rings, that would be cool.

Games I play and the Stats on them ( Some of them )
    tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Post  tjr4118 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 am

Andyjack7 wrote:

Yes If I am correct one of the reasons prices on consoles are so high is because of the chips a lot of the time, they also upgrade stuff, the red ring of death problem is a chip problem, if this rumor is true new chips would end the red ring of death, microsoft knows they are falling behind, a lot because of the red rings, which makes the chances of this rumor coming true way high. Perhalps making all the 360's with new chips, so no more red rings, that would be cool.

Well thats what sony did to help reduce the manufacturing cost from $805.85 to $250
    Andyjack7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Andyjack7 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 pm

tjr4118 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:

Well thatch what sony did to help reduce the manufacturing cost from $805.85 to $250

Yeah, because remember when the ps3 was like $600 , That was like insane, The good thing is technology gets better, and cheaper, These chips would be incredible. Something never done before in a console, Which would make scense why Microsoft is not really fighting, because they are busy with these chips, and natal and perhaps a new console I bet that if next year there is not a new console all together, there will be like a 360 slim with these new chips, no red ring of death. You know what we be so cool, if sony and Microsoft would work together take the good things from the 360 and the good things from the ps3, and make a ultimate ps360 lol or something, now that would be sweet!

tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Post  tjr4118 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:

Well thatch what sony did to help reduce the manufacturing cost from $805.85 to $250

Yeah, because remember when the ps3 was like $600 , That was like insane, The good thing is technology gets better, and cheaper, These chips would be incredible. Something never done before in a console, Which would make scense why Microsoft is not really fighting, because they are busy with these chips, and natal and perhaps a new console I bet that if next year there is not a new console all together, there will be like a 360 slim with these new chips, no red ring of death. You know what we be so cool, if sony and Microsoft would work together take the good things from the 360 and the good things from the ps3, and make a ultimate ps360 lol or something, now that would be sweet!

that would be sweet but they have been enemies for around 10 years now so that will never happen
    Andyjack7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Andyjack7 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:53 pm

O my dude this is real I just got this in an email, there is a leaked rumor and some pics going around showing what would be two new chipsets the names are "Opus" and "Valhalla"

The pics look pretty dang real, and honestly no doubt they would be working on this.

The Opus project is a "Falcon" generation motherboard designed to fit
    in a Xenon case. You can expect an 90 nm GPU but a 65 nm CPU. Opus
    solves a major hardware recycling and inventory problem since Microsoft
    currently has millions of used Xenon cases from RRODed dead systems and
    this lets them use most of the good parts from the millions of dead
    Xenons but with a newer tested more reliable motherboard.

( In simple words it fixes the Red Ring of Death problem, and makes the console all together more reliable and faster then any console on the market, )

Next is Valhalla

At the heart of a Valhalla Xbox 360 is a combined 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU
    on a unified super chip. This also would only need one cooling system
    and be much quieter and hopefully more reliable than previous xbox systems (if they include hardware JTAG testing reporting into the design).

It is really early in the design process but there are engineers at
    Microsoft working on it as you are reading this. Heck they are probably
    reading this since this is the first that you are going to hear about
    Opus and Valhalla.

You can probably expect a price cut for Valhalla since it is going to be a major cost reduction.

Valhalla might be the final Xbox 360 motherboard design but that all
    might depend of the future progress of the third generation Xbox team
    (the Xbox 720 or whatever they call it) and the overall market success
    of the Xbox 360 platform.

Microsoft has planned on near annual changes to the Xbox 360 motherboard generation designs.

( In really simple words, with this chipset the console will be the quietest on the market, with only one cooling unit, and would be DIRT cheap maybe allowing a big time console to be only $80)

This could explain why micro soft is waiting till next year to get natal out, when the console has a more reliable chipset.

Valhalla is expected in late 2009 or mid 2010.

Andyjack7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Andyjack7 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 pm

that would be sweet but they have been enemies for around 10 years now so that will never happen

Yeah I know but it is a good thought lol would be nice. I don't know if they have been really enemies or if fan boys are what made them more enemies.

tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Post  tjr4118 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Andyjack7 wrote:O my dude this is real I just got this in an email, there is a leaked rumor and some pics going around showing what would be two new chipsets the names are "Opus" and "Valhalla"

The pics look pretty dang real, and honestly no doubt they would be working on this.

( In simple words it fixes the Red Ring of Death problem, and makes the console all together more reliable and faster then any console on the market, )

Next is Valhalla

and be much quieter and hopefully more reliable than previous xbox systems (if they include hardware JTAG testing reporting into the design).

Opus and Valhalla.

You can probably expect a price cut for Valhalla since it is going to be a major cost reduction.

Microsoft has planned on near annual changes to the Xbox 360 motherboard generation designs.

( In really simple words, with this chipset the console will be the quietest on the market, with only one cooling unit, and would be DIRT cheap maybe allowing a big time console to be only $80)

This could explain why micro soft is waiting till next year to get natal out, when the console has a more reliable chipset.

are they only shrinking them down and making more reliable or are they making them more powerful to?
    and Sony and Microsoft are enemies they have cost each other billions of dollars in sales.
    Andyjack7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Andyjack7 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:36 pm

tjr4118 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:O my dude this is real I just got this in an email, there is a leaked rumor and some pics going around showing what would be two new chipsets the names are "Opus" and "Valhalla"

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

are they only shrinking them down and making more reliable or are they making them more powerful to?
    and Sony and Microsoft are enemies they have cost each other billions of dollars in sales.

They are shrinking them, from what I have heard they can shrink them so that the next 360 model could be the size of the wii. they are also packing them with a punch I'd like to say, wich will improve loading times, making is insanely fast if I'm correct, Improving online gameplay as well, with practically no lag, Also probably software for natal will be built in one of these as well to greatly improve motion.

Sycth55
    Committed Gamer
    Committed  Gamer

Gaming Freek Score : 7006
    Rep : 9

Post  Sycth55 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

They are shrinking them, from what I have heard they can shrink them so that the next 360 model could be the size of the wii. they are also packing them with a punch I'd like to say, wich will improve loading times, making is insanely fast if I'm correct, Improving online gameplay as well, with practically no lag, Also probably software for natal will be built in one of these as well to greatly improve motion.
    Thats some awesome shiz there doing....ps3 coudnt ever pull this off they rae tooo lazy and money hungry
    tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Post  tjr4118 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:24 am

Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

Thats some awesome shiz there doing....ps3 coudnt ever pull this off they rae tooo lazy and money hungry

What do mean sony cant pull this off they already did 3 times.
    Andyjack7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Andyjack7 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:28 am

tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

Well the fact is nintendo will get this two most likesly, 360 will get these new chipsets, then sony will follow behind within 2 years, then nintendo no doubt thats what company's do, and whatch it guys just so you know friendly agument is ok but please no trash talk

It will go how it went the first time, 360 gets it out first, sony copys it and makes it better, then nintendo comes out with there own Idea and rules the market lol

Sycth55
    Committed Gamer
    Committed  Gamer

Post  Sycth55 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:16 am

tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

yes but was it really successful....the product selling rate of the 361 is way greater than the ps3's and all of the people i know have had problems with their ps3..all im saying
    tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Post  tjr4118 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:26 am

Sycth55 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

yes but was it really successful....the product selling rate of the 361 is way greater than the ps3's and all of the people i know have had problems with their ps3..all im saying

yes they were successful the slim sold 2 million in a month and the ps3 sells 2 million more each year.
    Sycth55
    Committed Gamer
    Committed  Gamer

Post  Sycth55 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 pm

tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

yes they were successful the slim sold 2 million in a month and the ps3 sells 2 million more each year.
    the slims burns out and overheats way more thsan the original ps3 which is not very good which means its chips failes...of course i think they will make it better for sure because they always do
    tjr4118
    Freek
    Freek

Post  tjr4118 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Sycth55 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

the slims burns out and overheats way more thsan the original ps3 which is not very good which means its chips failes...of course i think they will make it better for sure because they always do

they dont fail i have never heard of a ps3 slim dieing.
    Sycth55
    Committed Gamer
    Committed  Gamer

Post  Sycth55 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:21 am

tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:
    Sycth55 wrote:
    Andyjack7 wrote:
    tjr4118 wrote:

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

they dont fail i have never heard of a ps3 slim dieing.
    *Dying* and well i sure have Andy you got any imput on this matter?
    PlayerZer09

Gaming Freek Score : 6669
    Rep : 4

Post  PlayerZer09 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:43 am

Next is Valhalla

Opus and Valhalla.

LOL dang it! Microsoft should have just release the Valhalla instead of the jasper ,,!,, >_< oh yeah and other thing is when they shrink the Valhalla chip to 45 nm so it will have free space of 30 % people says that the GPU and the CPU will share the same motherboard it could lead to a xbox slim type.

-PZ

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:50 pm